Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I would like to ask if anyone knows what is the reason for this problem on my C180 Classic.

This problem happens sometimes, and its that my turning lights (change direction) wont work, even if i press the red triangle to operate all 4 lights also wont work.

When this happens, i notice that the rear window defroster button, will have a dim light on the "ON" indicator, and if i press the button, the defroster will not turn on, but instead, the "ON" indicator will light up stronger. Also it has happened that when i turn the key to start the engine, the windshield whipper will turn on and cant be turned off at the control stick at the steering column. If i turn the engine off, then on again, will be fine.

I checked the plug behind the A/C controls and its fine, even disconnecting the A/C controls this will happen. So what could be the problem here? The Stcik control at the steering column for the whippers and turning signals failing?

Thanks and sorry for the big text

·
Registered
1998 C230 Silver grey leather 50k / 2002 BMW 325i silver black leather 70k
53 Posts
Hi guys, I would like to ask if anyone knows what is the reason for this problem on my C180 Classic.

This problem happens sometimes, and its that my turning lights (change direction) wont work, even if i press the red triangle to operate all 4 lights also wont work.

When this happens, i notice that the rear window defroster button, will have a dim light on the "ON" indicator, and if i press the button, the defroster will not turn on, but instead, the "ON" indicator will light up stronger. Also it has happened that when i turn the key to start the engine, the windshield whipper will turn on and cant be turned off at the control stick at the steering column. If i turn the engine off, then on again, will be fine.

I checked the plug behind the A/C controls and its fine, even disconnecting the A/C controls this will happen. So what could be the problem here? The Stcik control at the steering column for the whippers and turning signals failing?

Thanks and sorry for the big text
I had some really weird electrical issues awhile back...turned out to be a loose positive battery cable. Check them for corrosion or looseness. Hopefully it is something this simple.
jim

·
Registered
2001 E320; 2002 ML500
1,982 Posts
How old is your car? If 10 yrs or more replace all fuses. They age, corrode with time and can create all kinds of electrical problems.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i will try that, change all fuses, battery connection is fine, although the battery currently in my car is not the one indicated for a benz, its the small size, not the big one, so i would like to ask, for a C180, what battery model should i get?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts