Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 and 08 911 turbos
2,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so i forgot to close my drivers side window, and given that it was going to rain, I figured Id use my handy dandy "use the key to put up the window" feature.

Alas, I stand there holding the lock button for about 5 minutes, and nothing. Tried it about 5 times.

So I forget about it since I had a Mergers & Acquisitions class to deal with. When I got home, I tried it from the passenger side, and it worked like a champ.

So, I tried cleaning the IR sensor on the ds door, and nothing happened. Tried replacing the fob battery, and same problem. I can lock and unlock the door from that side without any issue whatsoever.

So, why can I not put the windows up or down from the drivers side IR sensor, when I can lock and unlock it fine.

Thanks for your help.

Oliver

·
Registered
1996 210.020
3,972 Posts
I believe that your key uses RF for the locking and unlocking and IR for the convenience feature.

Does anyone know if my belief is correct?

·
Registered
2001 SLK 320(217K Miles), 2002 E320 Special Edition(183K Miles)
3,467 Posts
Well, I guess since it's working at the passenger side, you can rule out the fob. So the d/s door sensor is either dead, disconnected or have a open circuit. Maybe somebody had the trim off at some stage and disconnected it by accident?

·
Registered
2001 SLK 320(217K Miles), 2002 E320 Special Edition(183K Miles)
3,467 Posts
I believe that your key uses RF for the locking and unlocking and IR for the convenience feature.

Does anyone know if my belief is correct?
I seem to remember also reading that.

·
Registered
1994 E320 Wagon,1999 E320 Wagon,2000 E 320 Wagon, MGB Track/Rally, ,1988 300E ,more....
6,019 Posts
IR

is dead on that door and the rf in the mirror is picking up the redundant signal to allow you to open and close the door but the comfort feature is IR only per above.When did it stop working?have you done a battery reset to see if you can reestablish a data comm link with that door sensor.
ohlord:bowdown:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts