Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Strange box found installed in CLS350

430 Views 7 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  TPBenz
Hi guys, so today I started installing custom sub in my CLS 350 and when I took out plastic bottom cover in the back of trunk found this weird looking box (like gps or something) installed. Duck tape and length of cable says it's definitely not factory installed. I tried tracking where that single cable leads to and it goes into the rear bumper. To be honest don't fancy taking whole bumper off..

Any ideas what could it be?
Light Hood Automotive tire Trunk Motor vehicle

Thanks in advance
See less
Hi guys, so today I started installing custom sub in my CLS 350 and when I took out plastic bottom cover in the back of trunk found this weird looking box (like gps or something) installed. Duck tape and length of cable says it's definitely not factory installed. I tried tracking where that single cable leads to and it goes into the rear bumper. To be honest don't fancy taking whole bumper off..

Any ideas what could it be?

Thanks in advance
See more
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

W163 and General M Gremlin
Welcome to the forum Mixeris,

Please Complete your Profile by adding the year and model of your car, so it will show next to every future post under your avatar.
Members are not likely to search for the one post the model of the car is mentioned.

Reactions: Mixeris

Registered
Mercedes-Benz CLS 350 2.0 CDI 2012
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can you take a couple pics of it where some numbers and such are showing? Probably a gps tracker from PO?.. assuming you're not the first owner of course.
Ok, will post some more this afternoon, bet there was no labels on it at all apart one which says: "TO BE COMMISSIONED", whatever that means.

Registered
Mercedes-Benz CLS 350 2.0 CDI 2012
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can you take a couple pics of it where some numbers and such are showing? Probably a gps tracker from PO?.. assuming you're not the first owner of course.

No clear identification labels visible, but found it's connected to red positive power wire and the other unknown wire/cable is going straight into the rear bumper.

Added pictures with all findings.

Anyone has any ideas what is it? If it's like GPS tracking device, then why the hell one of them wires going into the rear bumper?...

Automotive tire Hood Bumper Automotive exterior Tints and shades
Grey Rectangle Font Tints and shades Gas

Wheel Musical instrument Automotive tire Motor vehicle Electronic instrument
Automotive tire Gas Auto part Motor vehicle Automotive wheel system
Automotive tire Bumper Vehicle brake Tread Bicycle part
Finger Cable Electrical wiring Wire Heat-shrink tubing

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior Vehicle Hood

Registered
I am drawing a complete blank and so is my wife.
She used to own a Honda S2000. When she bought it in 2008 she had the dealer install a tracking device. The name completely escapes me. It was very, very, popular company who pretty much started the tracker market.
They came to the dealership and installed the tracker so nobody would find it.

Maybe somebody else remembers the company's name.

Registered
LoJack!!
Drove me nuts since I posted earlier and couldn't remember the name,
Tracker installed so if somebody stole the car, police depts. had receivers that could pick up the signal and find the car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts