Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
w203 c320 avantgarde auto saloon
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I got air con recharged 2 weeks ago. Worked absolutely fine until yesterday.

I drove car air con worked very nice
Then I parked and after 30. Min went back. Started engine and hissing noise from. Vents for few seconds then something like ringing bell. Top middle vent blew nice and cold air where rest of vents just coldish. After some time of journey all vents were blowing nice and cold air. After some time went shopping.after shopping I jumped to the car and same scenario. Then again I drove car somewhere and after some time I came back. This time nothing no noises however top miiddle vent was blowing nice and cold where rest of vents just cold air. I didn't drive car today but will later so I will see if that repeat.
What it could be ? Can u help? Thanks

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550, 2011 C300 FORMER: ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
19,447 Posts
It could be a damper problem - try the reset/diag procedure by holding RECIRC and FRONT DEFOG until the lights blink. If they don't stop, then you have a damper control issue (SDS can read codes and tell you which one). If they do stop after 20-30 seconds, then the system may be low on refrigerant. My C240 was blowing nice cold air on the passenger side, but luke warm on the driver. A shot of R134a from a $10 recharge kit and all is well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts