Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 s350, 93 dodge cummins 250
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
94 s350
my ac works great but in 90 degree weather when i shut the car off then restart after going in a store my ac compressor wont engage.

if i shut the car off and restart it the compressor will then work

i checked codes and got 13 which is rear ac controller or something like that but i dont have rear ac, no other codes

it does not happen in cooler weather and there are no other climate controll issues

im stumped

Steve

·
Registered
92 W140 300SD 97 VW Jetta TDI 89 VW Fox diesel
996 Posts
Mine has done that once. Shut the car down for a quick trip into the store and back out and the AC wouldn't come back on. The AC later came on just fine.

I have always wondered if it was related to condenser temperature? It would certainly be warm after you shut it off.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i hosed the radiator down with a hose and the compressor kicks in so does that mean a charge problem?

i am stumped, never had a car do this before

Steve

·
Registered
92 500SEL to 01 E320T current 2014 lexus LS460
3,886 Posts
On my 92, when acceleratig hard the compressor would shut off, but it would come back on with re-start. It seems the system compares engine speed with compressor speed, and in my case it was a slipping fan belt. They replaced the tensioner, many years with no problem

·
Registered
92 W140 300SD 97 VW Jetta TDI 89 VW Fox diesel
996 Posts
yeah i hosed the radiator down with a hose and the compressor kicks in so does that mean a charge problem?

i am stumped, never had a car do this before

Steve
I doubt that it's a charge problem but you could have a shop put gauges on it to be sure.

I'm still thinking it's condenser temp but have no real proof. I do know it's no fun when it does it....

Steve

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Glen i agree with the condensor temp issue and will remove the fans and check for cleanliness of the fins.

will post results when i do it

thanks....Steve

1 - 7 of 7 Posts