Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
29,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

For those who question the climate and the lack of hurricanes this past year, we just had one. The barometric pressure dropped to 29.55 at 1000ft. Winds hit 78mph on my Davis weather station and 74mph at the Airport 2 miles away.

There are 23 reported dead already and it is not dawn yet. These storms moved through Arkansas, Tennessee, Bama, Kentucky, Indiana and Ohio like a rocket.

Everyone check in so we can make sure we got all the toes in place.

·
Slightly creased
16,582 Posts
Yes, heard about it on the news on the way home tonight, sounds bad...

Best of luck to those affected/involved.

Sorry to hear such a loss of life, the physical destruction must be severe (I still don't have TV in my new house - only got internet back tonight so haven't seen any vision)

Hope all our fellow BWrs and theirs are OK.

Having lived through 2 cyclones and 1 hurricane - they are not fun...

·
Banned
17,697 Posts
made it through the night. damn el nino'
El Nino..........what is that a new brand of Vermouth you tried last night.........

·
Banned
17,697 Posts
I swear Robert, if you don't quit peeking in my window.........

I promise, I did not pm the pictures to anyone..........tell the wife it was nice seeing her again...........

·
Banned
17,697 Posts
Now Fox is saying 44 dead in these storms........

·
Banned
8,498 Posts
Guys,

For those who question the climate and the lack of hurricanes this past year, we just had one. The barometric pressure dropped to 29.55 at 1000ft. Winds hit 78mph on my Davis weather station and 74mph at the Airport 2 miles away.

There are 23 reported dead already and it is not dawn yet. These storms moved through Arkansas, Tennessee, Bama, Kentucky, Indiana and Ohio like a rocket.

I was outside drinking last night and I noticed everything was spinning around I thought it was because I was drunk, and that would also explain why I woke up this morning with grass in my mouth.

·
It was fun while it lasted
11,122 Posts
Thanks for the concern, mcbear. It got ROUGH here about 1:30 a.m. CST, winds about 60 mph and hail hitting the windows. But, it was small hail and no serious damage. However, Moulton, Alabama, a town about 45 miles southeast of here got it bad. There are already 3 found dead and possibly more to come. They figure that the super cell that dropped the somewhat large F2 tornado in Lawrence County, AL spawned actually 3, but only one touched down. I'm so glad I live in a brick home because I think I would have lost some vinyl siding on that one last night.

·
Registered
29,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was outside drinking last night and I noticed everything was spinning around I thought it was because I was drunk, and that would also explain why I woke up this morning with grass in my mouth.
Like that's a shiny new experience. :D

Good to see the sheer didn't clip you.3

·
Registered
29,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I am heading out to the shop to see if it made it through. Then mom's house. This is going to be a fun day. We had one tree down in the back [10" diameter] but it missed wiring and yard shed. Otherwise the Bearcave1 is solid.

I have a 75 foot shortwave tower in the back yard which was just howling in the wind last night. The guy wires sound like a harp with the wind. I put it in a 6' cube of concrete so it is not going anywhere.

·
Registered
29,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Morgan is OK. Apparently the mechanical bull might have taken a hit, however. Film at 11. :D

·
Registered
21,652 Posts
Guys,

Mid-continent "hurricanes?" I thought those were torrnadoes...

·
It was fun while it lasted
11,122 Posts
Mid-continent "hurricanes?" I thought those were torrnadoes...
I believe he was just being silly, but, using it as an example of how powerful the storm was. A hurricane is a storm with maximum sustained winds of 75 mph or more. Gusts don't count.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Glad you guys made it! Now let's hope Morgan did too.
aww, you really do care! :p I just spoke with McBear not too long ago, I made it through just fine! I am actually in the one part of town that didn't get hit that hard. But about 2 miles everywhere around me was slammed to the ground.

My roomate was @ the bar and the roof got ripped off so they were all hiding in the bathroom. lol

But yea, my APT got really lucky :) It was def. scary though!!!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts