Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
C230 (2007)
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gents,

Any advice on storing a 2007 C-230 for 3 to 4 months. I stored a car (not a Mercedes) in the past and the brake rotors would rust like you wouldn't believe. I plan on using fuel stabilizer and disconnecting the battery.

Thanks, Remus

·
Registered
99 E430, 01 E430 Sport, 00 SL500
3,266 Posts
The tires are the hardest items to preserve with the whole car weighing on them. Tires need to roll once in a while. Maybe you need 4 jacks.

·
Registered
92 500SEL to 01 E320T current 2014 lexus LS460
3,886 Posts
I would not worry too much, fill the gas tank to reduce any condensation, you could overinflate the tires to keep them from flat spotting. I typically have no problems with my cars in FL, rotors clean up after the first stop.

·
Premium Member
2001 E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 107,000+
17,193 Posts
I'd rather ask a trusted friend of mine to drive the car for a few miles once/week, getting the engine and fluids up to normal operating temperatures but only on nice days! I was alternating between 2 cars and this is what my Chrysler tech told me to do.

Since Michael mentioned mice, that was a problem with my Toyota. If that car sat long enough they would build a nest inside the blower motor. Never happened to the Plymouth.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts