Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2005 SLK 350
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past weekend I noticed that I picked up a stone chip in the middle of the hood. It ended up taking out a very tiny portion of the clearcoat but it didn't affect the paint.

Does anybody have any ideas about the best way to fix it?

·
Registered
2005 350SLK
490 Posts
Order some touch up paint from the dealer and use a tooth pick to use as little paint as possible. I am still waiting for my paint from them, the chip is almost 1mm in diameter, it just kills me to see it [:(!]

·
Registered
2005 SLK 350 AMG
474 Posts
i know uve all heard it b4.
but i washed my car today to see my first stone chip on the bonnet.
I know it shouldnt but its kinda ruined my weekend.
Touched it up a but and cleaned the area. Looks better but ill ordersome some mercedes touch up paint on monday as the AutoSharp pen i have seems slightly darker :(.

thats all.
night

·
Registered
350 SLK
1,528 Posts
BAZMAN - 5/13/2005 3:47 AM

Order some touch up paint from the dealer and use a tooth pick to use as little paint as possible. I am still waiting for my paint from them, the chip is almost 1mm in diameter, it just kills me to see it [:(!]
I am confused. I thought he stated it was only thru the clearcoat and did not affect the paint so do you still use touch up paint or are you referring to the clear coat paint?

·
Registered
2005 SLK 350 AMG
474 Posts
Was the clear and a bit of the undercoat i think too.

nothing to be confused about.. i was just having a whinge.

malibuite - 7/24/2005 2:11 AM

BAZMAN - 5/13/2005 3:47 AM

I am confused. I thought he stated it was only thru the clearcoat and did not affect the paint so do you still use touch up paint or are you referring to the clear coat paint?

·
Registered
SLK 350
378 Posts
Contact Chips Away, I ththink you have them in the States (The company orginated there). They are exellent at small repairs, and very cheap.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts