Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1989 300SL
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

My trusty, though new to me (only had it for a month), 230TE has been stolen! It was taken last Thursday 3rd March from Highgate in London.

It was a light blue metallic 230TE with regsitration number A14TCM (private plate). Distinguishing features are a dent on the front passenger door and another on the rear hatch, both on the small side and rusty arches. Overall it was in average condition, though its a shame as mechanically it was great and just what I needed...

Worst of all it was only insured 3rd party so all my money is gone! [xx(]

If anyone sees a car like this please let me know.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
So sorry to hear that! [:(!][:(] Hope they find the buggers who took it. At the very least I hope they find it.

·
Registered
1994 E320
1,730 Posts
Jeez tough luck man! I hope the peelers get the mofos!
I'll let you know if it turns up in Saudi Arabia soon [:D]
Or maybe the shady guy in the picture was the one who took it! [:D]

Shady

·
Registered
2006 S500 AMG Wifes Rig Hillbilly Girl 02 ML320
2,332 Posts
BUMMER MAN!!!!![:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!]

·
Registered
Chevy Monte Carlo SS
189 Posts
I always thought it was a MISSION to steal an MB. I mean, the steering lock, vacuum operated lock system and all. Someone had the skills to steal one?[:0]

·
Registered
E500, C43 AMG, E280
328 Posts
Dear RGubbioli,

I am very sorry your car has been stolen! Ill do my best to look out for it...Im in the UK (London). Take care..

Regards
Mo

·
Registered
1990 W124 300TE-24 3.4 AMG, 1991 W126 300SEL
152 Posts
RGubbioli, So sorry to hear about your car. I hope it is still UK!!!

·
Registered
1989 300SL
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for your words of encouragement guys. [8)]

My guess is it was stolen to break for parts. I really wouldn´t have thought someone would want to steal it, especially considering all the other newer cars down that street. It must have been a targeted theft. All I know is I went to Germany for two weeks and when I got back to use the car again (as I had to move house) it was no longer there. Alas, its a feeling I am starting to be very familiar with... 3 cars stolen in 5 years in London!

Still hoping the police finds it but am not holding my breath...

·
Registered
1995 W124 E320 Turbo Technics Twin Turbo
261 Posts
You're probably right in it being broken for parts....lots of w123's and now w124's are being stolen in the UK at the moment and then being broken for parts, which then end up in West Africa.

·
Registered
54 Posts
That's terrible [:(!][:(!][:(!]

I had no idea these cars were desirable to thieves, they're so old!

I'll keep a look out on e-bay, I'm looking for an estate myself.

Very sorry to hear it. I remember you buying one of these for your Mother when you first joined. Hope she's having better luck than you.

·
Registered
95 E300D
154 Posts
There was a newspaper article about six months ago in the Telegraph - there is a gang stealing old mercs, usually parked in residential streets around london. They break them for parts for the 3rd world because W124s last so long they are incredibly popular in developing world but they still need the parts to keep them running so they nick ours from London, take the parts and ship them out.

I know some friends who had one nicked from their drive in Sheen. They actually woke up when they heard the chains (they pick them up onto a low loader) but they just turned over in bed because their's was the oldest car in the road. In the morning all the new ones were sitting there and their 12 year old one had gone.

Start looking for another one, install a tracker device (c £500) and try to forget about the old one.

Keith

·
W201, W202, W203, W204, W205 Moderator
Amethyst 2001 C320
1,731 Posts
Awhile back someone tried to steal my w201. Needless to say, the anti-theft devices built into all Merc's stopped them. They were able to pop it into neutral, and tried to maneuver it down the hill, but it wound up crashing into the side of my neighbor's brand new minivan across the street. And get this...the repair bill for my Benz was $35 -- to replace a broken front corner light housing (actually, I already had the replacement because I was planning on converting to clear corners -- good thing I didn't do it sooner), whereas the neighbor's van incurred $1700 damage! Way to go Mercedes -- rock solid! :D

·
W201, W202, W203, W204, W205 Moderator
Amethyst 2001 C320
1,731 Posts
Awhile back someone tried to steal my w201. Needless to say, the anti-theft devices built into all Merc's stopped them. They were able to pop it into neutral, and tried to maneuver it down the hill, but it wound up crashing into the side of my neighbor's brand new minivan across the street. And get this...the repair bill for my Benz was $35 -- to replace a broken front corner light housing (actually, I already had the replacement because I was planning on converting to clear corners -- good thing I didn't do it sooner), whereas the neighbor's van incurred $1700 damage! Way to go Mercedes -- rock solid! [:D]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts