Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1990 190E White
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey peeps, I'm posting the following story/question in this section because i believe what happened to me is not an isolated incident and other mercedes owners may have been the victim before me. This morning as I was about to turn my car on, I noticed my hood emblem was not there, I'm guessing some kids stole it last night. At first I was a little mad but then I tought this could not just happen to me just buy a new one and continue enjoying the car. My question for you fellow mercedes owners is has it ever happen to you??? Detials would be nice, Model, Year, location of crime and anything else you want to add. I'll start

1990 Mercedes 190E, hood emblem stolen in Brooklyn, NY

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,633 Posts
My sympathies, but you have the right perspective.

Regrettably this happens all the time. Someone tried to steal mine and ended up putting a nice nick in the paint. I don't think they realize how inexpensive the things are, hell if they knocked on the door I'd have given it to them instead of ending up with paint damage. Punks I suppose.

Mine was in the SF bay area when they tried to take it, I can't say exactly which community but it was in Martinez when I washed it and noticed the nick. They didn't get away with the star, though.

I had an ML500 loaner a few years back and someone stole the REAR star ($7 item!!) off the thing while it was parked in the Hillsdale Shopping Center in San Mateo.

FWIW Autohausaz.com has your new replacement for under $30 and if you buy a couple of filters to get it to 50 then shipping is free. :)

Take care and enjoy the ride,
Greg

·
Registered
92 500SEL to 01 E320T current 2014 lexus LS460
3,886 Posts
Yup Worcester MA, got the front one and broke the rear star which was screwed on, the police told me the kids wear them around their necks.

·
Registered
2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan
910 Posts
That's why I just got the flat emblem so they would maybe just leave it alone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts