Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all, well it happened, sooner than i thought, our emblem of our 1997 e420 was stolen, any advice? has anyone else changed theirs? is it easy to do?

·
Premium Member
17,193 Posts
+1 with JOE55. If it's the star emblem on the hood it is easy, although I haven't done it myself. I've seen photos on at least one of these Benzworld threads and describing the procedure. When you replace it you might consider using a flat one like comes on the various sport models, example the AMGs. I don't think those can be stolen unless the hood is open.

·
Registered
3,461 Posts
The star also cannot be removed unless you got the hood open. It can of course always be broken off.:mad:

·
Premium Member
17,193 Posts
yup those jerks broke it of, no damage thought to new painted hood.....
Thank goodness for that! Jerks probably were jealous, I'd like to see the car they were driving. My guess it was a heap of junk if they even had a car. They might have been hoofing it on shoe leather...

·
Registered
8 Posts
:mad: Sorry to hear what happened. Those punks just wanted a part of something that they'll never have. Good luck on your replacement.

·
Registered
526 Posts
yup those jerks broke it of, no damage thought to new painted hood.....
Hi Benzcouple,

I had the same thing back in October. It cost less than $30.00 and the swap take a big 5 minutes: open the hood, locate the ornament's locks, take pliers and squeeze them while turning a quarter left(or right, I dont' remember). Then, push gently out the ornament. Replace is the opposite.

I had the same advise about changing the ornament with a flat one. But, for me, it is a great feeling to drive and see my three pointed star on the hood...

Uncle Benz

·
Registered
3,461 Posts
And of course you know the joke about using the star to aim with.;)

·
Registered
899 Posts
FYI - LA Unified Schools Expel Star Punks!

OBTW - If anyone shows up in a LA public school with a MB star, the school takes it and kicks the kid down to a school 'where it will be happier', the retard school.

Canadian must really like those things.

B

1 - 15 of 15 Posts