Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
SLK 350, Mars Red
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering what brand/version tires your SLK's came with and if you're happy with the stock tires. Any advise about replacements for those of you who have upgraded? I have Goodyear f1 tires on my wife's E320 and found them to be much quieter and better wearing than the Continental ContiSport Contact tires it came with. My SLK 350 is now on the water!

·
Registered
SLK 350
2,327 Posts
My SLK 350 came with Michelin Pilot Primacy tires. The only complaint that I have with them is that they are noisey at highway speeds.

·
Registered
SLK350
475 Posts
My Michelin Pilot Primacy tires are in a stack in my garage/hangar. I replaced them with Pirelli P-Zero Nero's before I picked up the car. I like the Pirelli's.

Roberta

·
Registered
350 SLK
1,528 Posts
Duo-Art - 3/25/2005 6:18 AM

My SLK 350 came with Michelin Pilot Primacy tires. The only complaint that I have with them is that they are noisey at highway speeds.
Ditto...I do not consider them performance tires and I think Michelin refers to them as Summer Touring Tires. When they need replacing I will replace with the Pirellis.

·
Registered
'14 CLS63 AMG S, '10 GLK350, '03 SL5000
289 Posts
Bridgestone Potenza S-03 Pole Position

I've run these Bridgestones on 3 BMWs and swear by them for my purposes -- a relatively high-mileage, reasonably-priced, large-block tire that is comfortable on the road and excellent for track use. They are quiet, and "acceptable" in the wet, but definitely not for snow or slush.

If I can get the correct size to replace my Pirelli P-zeros, I will buy another set of these or the next generation of this tire. 2nd choice might be a Yokohama AVS ES100, but I have no experience with these.

·
Registered
06 M5, 07 RS4, 07 ML63
654 Posts
Second on the Bridgestone S03 PP's. Great summer tires for the road and on the track. Holds up very well to abuse even from prolonged lapping sessions. I've gone through 2 sets on my Audi and only recently replaced them with Michelin PS2's just to try something different. The PS2's are also good, still undecided which are better. If anything the S03's are cheaper in price.

My SLK came with Pirelli P Zero Rosso's. Can't really compare them to the S03's and PS2's since they're mounted on a completely different type of car but I do like the fact that they are very quiet.

·
Registered
ML500, SLK55 AMG
258 Posts
masmole - 3/25/2005 9:19 PM

Second on the Bridgestone S03 PP's. Great summer tires for the road and on the track. Holds up very well to abuse even from prolonged lapping sessions. I've gone through 2 sets on my Audi and only recently replaced them with Michelin PS2's just to try something different. The PS2's are also good, still undecided which are better. If anything the S03's are cheaper in price.

My SLK came with Pirelli P Zero Rosso's. Can't really compare them to the S03's and PS2's since they're mounted on a completely different type of car but I do like the fact that they are very quiet.
I thought that the AMG came with tires specified by AMG and were all Dunlops of some kind? Or is this as variable as with the 350 models?

·
Registered
06 M5, 07 RS4, 07 ML63
654 Posts
jlangmd - 3/26/2005 7:44 AM

I thought that the AMG came with tires specified by AMG and were all Dunlops of some kind? Or is this as variable as with the 350 models?
dunno, where did you hear that? Maybe it's late availability? My SLK55 was my dealer's first one and it came with the Rossos. I'm pretty sure everyone else on the forum who already took delivery of their US-spec SLK55's have rossos as well. I think MB/AMG chose the tire for the best combination (compromise) of comfort, ride, and performance rather than just pure performance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts