Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
W163 Crash Test Driver
2008 ML350 (Me!), 2010 GLK350 (Wife), 2003 ML-350 (Deceased)
1,479 Posts
Nice! What did that cost ya? $$$?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was $180 something for the pipes and around $500 to install. I’m sure I could have had a muffler shop or cheaper place to have them fitted. But it was at German Auto anyway and you do get what you pay for.

Those guys are best imho... so I don’t mind paying $130 or whatever an hour to have them do it. Notice the perfect tip to bumper ratio! I think it sounds perfect!

·
Registered
2007 ML500
10 Posts
Looks great! How's the exhaust drone? Was thinking of doing this or install cutouts. Some have also recommended removing the resonators instead.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am going out to PA this weekend, so i can give you a real good idea after 1,400 miles. This is phase I. These V8 550's are depressingly hearse like! I needed to do something!

Next up is ml63 bumper so i can run quad tips and a valved dual path system, i think the hooker black heart. Remove the cats, midpipes, reinstall these chambered pipes along with an x pipe to the dual path mufflers.

Sounds a million times better as is...

·
W163 Crash Test Driver
2008 ML350 (Me!), 2010 GLK350 (Wife), 2003 ML-350 (Deceased)
1,479 Posts
It was $180 something for the pipes and around $500 to install. I’m sure I could have had a muffler shop or cheaper place to have them fitted. But it was at German Auto anyway and you do get what you pay for.
Agree 100%. That's not a bad price considering what they did. Well done!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Roll on demo

well, I might just leave it as is! Sounds great! No drone or anything. Nice rumble around town and when you stomp on it you hear it!

Just what I wanted. My 550 has the OE Tuning 93oct program..if that matters watching this clips.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts