Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2006 E350
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Gang and thanks in advance for your assistance.

I have a 2006 E350 with the infamous AC Stink.

Has been treated twice at local dealership and only works for a couple days. (they did the treatment where they foamed the evaporator)

I have tried spraying lysol in the vent under hood as well as turning ac off a few minutes before parking but its hard to remember to do that sometimes.

The Cabin filter has been changed twice as well.

All of the above seems to help but eventually comes back. Very humid in Nashville in Summer does not help.

I have recently tried to spray foam cleaner on the evaporator myself by snaking a small plastic hose thru the blades of the blower motor that can be seen when the cabin filter is removed.

My question is when I spray the foam thru the tube is it getting even close to the evaporator or am I just dumping it down in there and its masking the smell for a few days? I have attached a few pictures for reference. The plastic tube is about 2 feet long.

I hope to treat it every week to stay on top of it and hopefully get ahead of the mildew and mold growing on the evap.:confused:

Thanks

John

Attachments

·
Banned
2006 E320 CDI
932 Posts
Depending on your VIN # you can be entitled to free repair. Look at the attached PDF.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts