Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would make the KEYLESS GO SHIFTER KNOB need replacement on a W220 S600 2005? I thought the trans lock up only happened on the S500. There is a 2005 S600 with 80,000 miles for sale, could go for around high $24,000. Still owning an S500 W140 for more than three years without major issues, it scares me to jump into a possible nightmare and bloated expenses. However, when an S600 W220 passes me on the road it's... Uhmmmmm, wow, oh man !! etc :D

·
Registered
111 Posts
Why would anyone go to a dealer and bend over? I've had 8 of these things. Went to the dealer once, years ago. I learn quick.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
people go to the dealer now days because the newer cars are to high tech for any outside shop to work on. yea they can do brakes and what not but other crap they cant. we even have independent shops mess up brake jobs

·
Registered
59 Posts
I love my 600 but don't buy without a warrenty. A one year warrenty on my car is $5000, but you will pay that once the oil leak comes, abc line, Coil packs, go out all of these things will happen. A S55 is a better buy. But I still love My 600!!!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
S600 is magnificent by any standard. Just too overly complex with electronic controls for EVERYTHING! too many variables for it to remain trouble free and reliable like say an early 90's W124 which Mercedes admits were the best years and the pinnacle for their motorcars. All W124 and W126 from 91-95 were great (apart from wiring harness fiasco M119)

·
Registered
59 Posts
but the warrenty companies will easily warrenty a s55

but the warrenty companies will easily warrenty a s55;S600 most companies will not warrenty at all. the 55's arent prone the the oil leaks like the 600. and the S55 are a little faster off the line. They also hol their value longer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
S600 faster than S55

Check all the dragtimes.com posts, the S600 is quite a bit faster than the S55 (even the E55!), if both are stock.

Once you add the ECU it unlocks the power of the S65 and it will walk away from almost any sports sedan.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts