Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
95 s6 avant, 95 s6 sedan 470awhp, 67 mini turbo.
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
preferably in the north east.
Just looked at a 3500hd and well after driving a couple Mbu's its just not appealing to push snow around in.

·
Registered
95 s6 avant, 95 s6 sedan 470awhp, 67 mini turbo.
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
steve does it have front hydros? and thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4Sale: 230G, U1200 Ag, 1017A, lots of MB cars, Volvo c303, 416 raildoka, LR D110 TDi
1,217 Posts
Steve,

Are you referring to Lou's last 1300? If so it has an old state highway plow welded on the front and salter on the back, but I don't think the plow has hydraulic angle and the lift for the plow is run off of an electric pump. The rust has started to get to it pretty good if I remember correctly. The truck is a standard 8 speed, standard axle, non-turbo ex-mil 1300L without PTO or hydraulics. It was the most complete of the fleet, but that ment that it got more salt duty.

I have pics of it I can e-mail if tewtone wants them.

Cheers,
Ben

Attachments

·
Registered
1969 Unimog 406
3 Posts
I know of a Unimog in the Northeast that might be up your alley. What exactly are you looking for and what kind of money were you looking to spend?

·
Registered
85' U1300L Holset Turbo VA A/C, 66' Propane 404.1 rock mog, 1975 416 Doka, G500, Volvo C303
5,032 Posts
I know of a Unimog in the Northeast that might be up your alley. What exactly are you looking for and what kind of money were you looking to spend?
I would think you would be pushing a Groomer not a mog. You a driver or a mech on Pisten's

·
Registered
1969 Unimog 406
3 Posts
If you REALLY want to push some snow, I'll sell you a PistenBully...
I'm actually the salesman for PB in New England, which means I operate them and work on them.

·
Registered
2015 Rubicon Unlimited (Let the shame be upon me!)
3,821 Posts
The problem I see is over the road travel, say between the parking lot contracts you have. I'd hate to be having that discussion with the state troopers on the side of the road:

"Now boy, just exactly were you thinking when you decided to take you fine mo'sheen onto MY road, tell me now in y'own words..."

I seem to recall my local power company owning a large tracked snow vehicle with a dozer/snow blade and a small knuckle crane. Very handy vehicle design for soft ground and snow but not in any real way road transportable.

·
Registered
1969 Unimog 406
3 Posts
You'd pretty much have to be a "back road" bandit... we do have rubber tracks available and every PistenBully has turn signals, but it still isn't street legal. However, when things get really nasty and nothing else can move a snowcat would be a welcome sight from any state trooper

·
Registered
1984 U900,1976 MB4/94
39 Posts
Steve,

Are you referring to Lou's last 1300? If so it has an old state highway plow welded on the front and salter on the back, but I don't think the plow has hydraulic angle and the lift for the plow is run off of an electric pump. The rust has started to get to it pretty good if I remember correctly. The truck is a standard 8 speed, standard axle, non-turbo ex-mil 1300L without PTO or hydraulics. It was the most complete of the fleet, but that ment that it got more salt duty.

I have pics of it I can e-mail if tewtone wants them.

Cheers,
Ben
Ben, That's the one I'm thinking of.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts