Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
70 406
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't want to put this in the wanted ads as im a bit pressed for time. Let me explain, I'm looking for a 404 preferably with a bad motor as my neighbor has a gas and a diesel engine out of a mog, plus a transmission, and wants to get rid of it as a package. I didn't want to make a deal until I find a truck to put it into, so if anybody within 8-10 hours drive of buffalo or Detroit knows of a cheap truck thats mostly rust free or at least saveable and needs an engine could you steer me in that direction. Even a rolling chassy might work, I have some ideas

·
Registered
85' U1300L Holset Turbo VA A/C, 66' Propane 404.1 rock mog, 1975 416 Doka, G500, Volvo C303
5,038 Posts
I know of one or two but they are to far from you me thinks

·
Registered
404.0 Doka, 404.1 resto-mod
1,080 Posts
I know of one in the detroit area with a bad motor... I will call the owner and see if he is willing to part with it. I think the truck is already in pieces though... And no idea what he wants for it.

·
Registered
70 406
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
That's great, the more leads the better. I might have to get uship to brink I up, might have room for another project on the trailer so keep them coming.

·
Unimog Moderator
250GD Wolf
13,267 Posts
I put it in the for sale section earlier. If you subscribe to the thread, you'll get an instant email anytime anything is added :)

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/5407723-post69.html

Again, if you need eyes on site, or help at auction time, I'm your guy, I'm 22min away from the auction yard, and can drive it to my house (again, assuming it drives, says it does in the auction) and load it on your uship flatdeck when/if/should you win the auction. I work that day but they keep the yard open late for people to pickup the purchases.

This is the second mog (other one was a rough U1300) in a few months at Richie bro's. They often have Hagglunds as well.

side note, In Edmonton, I'm told the Upick or another wrecking yard has two 404's, these were used as display's for a pizza company in town (The Funky Pickle) and are just sitting at the wreckers, I haven't had time to fly by and see if they are actually there, but I have seen them around town in the past then not in recent years, so possibly. Assuming a jeeper hasn't robbed the axles ;)

·
Registered
1988 Mercedes Benz U1300L OM366, fast axles
244 Posts
:crybaby2: :crybaby2: :crybaby2:

But to buy it sight unseen is hard, for all I knew it could have been a rust bucket
4500$ really isn't much of a risk. Really a drop in the bucket in the grand scheme of things.

Try dropping 35,000$ - 80,000$ on a sight unseen U1300L or 1550L37 Doka.

Then you can worry.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts