Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
'95 S350D
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I got a MB mastmechanic to work on my diesel 1995 S350 for the engine not running smooth and he wanted $250 to estimate but anyways he brought the car back with engine running smoother and said only there was some air in the system and he just let the air out #_#, and he cleaned up the engine area. But the engine won't stop now! I had to press the stop button every time! I noticed that the switch is a bit "sticky" closer to the end of it's motion and more resistance as I press it and it stays there. I bought a hand vacuum pump to check the if the stop switch was leaking but it held pressure and with hand vacuum pump I was able to vacuum pull it all the way down (with lots of pumping) but same thing that it won't come back up. So nowadays I have to push it down and flick it back up every time to pass that "sticky" phase of the switch. If you imagine it runs 90 degrees downward to shut off engine the last 20-25 degrees is the sticky range. I am not sure if it is the problem with the switch. or something else. I have had different MB diesels and never had this problem. Anyone here got any experience with this? Thanks a bunch!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts