Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2004 CLK 500 Convertible
57 Posts
I have a 2009 550 clk cab. Not the entire dash, but the round section in the center with air vent controls, between the air vents, is sticky to the touch. Tried to clean with cleaner wipes and now there are surface scratches and it is still sticky.

The material seems different than any other part of the interior.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
Since the post has been revived, I thought I'd add to the fixes. I used Meguiars rubbing compound with great success and no damage to the white ">> and <<" markings.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thank you BC300E! I used this Armorall cleaner + a microfibre cloth. I sprayed the solution on the cloth until damp and then gently rubbed the residue off. Took about 20 minutes. View attachment 2647864 View attachment 2647865
I have the same issue on my 2004 CLK500 and will definitely try your Armorall trick! Did you remove the piece before applying the Armorall and if yes is there a trick to doing it?

·
Registered
2006 CLK500 Cabriolet
43 Posts
No need to remove the round fascia if using armorall.

2006 CLK500
West Vancouver, BC

Reactions: NYC Guy

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the same issue on my 2004 CLK500 and will definitely try your Armorall trick! Did you remove the piece before applying the Armorall and if yes is there a trick to doing it?
Same here. You can do it with it on the dash. Just put the Armorall on your microfibre cloth and rub firmly until the residue is removed.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The cheapest I can find the "Heavy Duty "multi-purpose cleaner is $24.97 on Amazon.
ArmorAll also has a Multi Purpose cleaner that I can buy at Walmart for $2.97.
I can also purchase the heavy duty cleaning wipes at the Advance Auto parts nearby for on $5.99, will they do the job?
Do you think either of them will do the trick or do I need the Heavy Duty cleaner?

·
Registered
2006 CLK500 Cabriolet
43 Posts
Just go with the regular liquid bottle.

2006 CLK500
West Vancouver, BC

Reactions: NYC Guy
21 - 28 of 28 Posts