Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
06 ML 350LP - 03 CLK
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally received the long awaited pricing for Canada...not terribly surprised over base unit pricing which is up a few thousand dollars. My real sticker shock is the cost of the options when compared to US pricing, an example air suspension something I want is $1775.00 USD for the US and $5000.00 for Canada. It seems that almost all options for Canada is at least doubled when comparing it to the same US option, the launch package ML350 although loaded with options is $78,400.00 plus freight and PDI. MB Canada has offered no discount on the option package they put together as the introduction model. I still love the new ML and will probably still take the one I ordered or maybe reconfigure a new model without the air suspension and save some $$…if anyone has any thought on the air suspension package please let me know[:)]

·
Registered
2004 G500 (gone)
1,100 Posts
Wouldn't it be cheaper to order from the USA, pay the import/tax fees and then get what you want?

·
Registered
06 ML 350LP - 03 CLK
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I already am, and because of free trade there are no import duties, just a 7% tax...thanks

·
Registered
2013 ML-63 AMG, 2010 C350 4matic
221 Posts
I have been waiting so long for these prices. These new over inflated options prices in Canada will probably divert many customers to the Cayenne and even X5. I am driving MB's since 1975 and I have never seen before such over zealous prices despite the fact that our Canadian Dollar is 35% higher in value than two years ago. I am not buying anything before the coming Summer, ample time for MB to rethink these prices.

·
Registered
2004 G500 (gone)
1,100 Posts
They just raised prices so that they could attract a different kind of crowd to this vehicle and increase their profit margins.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts