Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2001 430 Orion Blue
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone upgraded the stereo system in a CLK 430?
I'm considering changing the speakers.

·
Registered
2001 430 Orion Blue
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi. Did you change the head unit? I still want to control the volume and cd changer thro...

Hi. Did you change the head unit? I still want to control the volume and cd changer through the steering wheel. What speakers did you use for replacement?

Joe

·
Registered
2001 430 Orion Blue
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What speakers replacements did you use?...

What speakers replacements did you use?

·
Registered
2001 430 Orion Blue
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did you replace all speakers including the subwoofer and how easy or hard was the installa...

Did you replace all speakers including the subwoofer and how easy or hard was the installation?

·
Registered
-06' CLS500 Lorinser-08'-MC Design Whips Project SL -06' Land Rover-
419 Posts
I changed all the speakers in the door and bypassed the factory amp. I was using the fa...

I changed all the speakers in the door and bypassed the factory amp. I was using the factory amp for a while but needed more power. The car uses a 61/2, 4, and 3/4 inch tweeter. The door panel comes off fairly easy. I did leave the factory subs in the back deck and used them for fill off the new amp.

Mark

·
Registered
2001 CLK 430
15 Posts
Re: I changed all the speakers in the door and bypassed the factory amp. I was using the fa

I changed all the speakers in the door and bypassed the factory amp. I was using the factory amp for a while but needed more power. The car uses a 61/2, 4, and 3/4 inch tweeter. The door panel comes off fairly easy. I did leave the factory subs in the back deck and used them for fill off the new amp.

Mark
You said the door panel came off easy. On the driver side I tried, and I am scared to break anything. I took off the one screw behind the SRS piece. Are there any other screws?? I am able to pull off the bottom because it snap in. I think there is another screw somewhere? COuld you give me some hints how to take it off. The reason I am doing this is because the left speakers make a noise like when a cell phone signal interferes. My cell phone is not even rinigng. It happens once in a while, but is annoying. Any clue?

·
Registered
2001 CLK 430
15 Posts
Re: The door pull has a cover that comes off and has two screws behind it....

The door pull has a cover that comes off and has two screws behind it.
How u take this piece off? Did u use a flat hard and just pry it off?

·
Registered
99 Clk 430 Lorinsor springs 19" Oz Opera/ 00 ML 320 19" Moda R6
152 Posts
re: subs and aftermarket amp

how did you hook up the rear decks subs to an aftermarket amp? how did it sound?

·
Registered
2001 CLK 430
15 Posts
Door pull is not coming off

Mark I appreciate all you help, but I still can not get that door pull to come off. I used a flat head with a cloth over the head and tried to pry. I did not pull that hard, but it still not coming. I tried with my fingers and nothing coming either. Please help me, I do not want to break anything.

My door has the door pull attached to that piece I am trying to remove which is behind the door pull. To the left is the nice decorative plastic brown thing that is about 2 feet long. I tried to remove both of these, but not having any luck.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts