Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an E 320 that I purchased used. There is a vibration in the steering wheel between 55 - 65 MPH. The wheels have been check for correct balancing many times, and the problem still exists. What could be the problem?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Could be your steering steering damper.If it makes<br> a noticeable noise when you hit a bump or pothole,<br> its your lower ball joints.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
try taking it to a good wheel / tire place with a balance machine that actually puts a load on the tire/wheel when they balance it, I had the same problem and had it done 6 times to find out the machine that was used at the tire shop was very out dated, went to a good tire shop that special<br> deals with aftermaket high quality wheels and the problem is gone. if all fails you probably got a bent wheel or bad tire.....<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Find a shop with a Hunter GSP9700 you can find one close to you using www.hunter.com

Went to a shop locally, and they used the hunter GSP 9700 and corrected positioning of the tires on the wheels, but the vibration is still there between the same speeds. Any other suggestions?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts