Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
slk55
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put a deposit on an 05 slk55. Today when I test drove the car I used the steering mounted shift buttons behind the steering wheel. I noticed that every time I either upshifted out downshifted there was a delay in the cars reaction. Is this typical? Help....:confused:

·
Registered
858 Posts
DSI said:
I just put a deposit on an 05 slk55. Today when I test drove the car I used the steering mounted shift buttons behind the steering wheel. I noticed that every time I either upshifted out downshifted there was a delay in the cars reaction. Is this typical? Help....:confused:
:eek: Shouldn't be. What mode were you in? Comport, Sport, or Manual. Use the gear shift and see if you have the same delay.

·
Registered
SLK55,CayenneS,XKR
1,995 Posts
It should be quiet a fast change in gears, I hope youve kept it in S or M mode.

·
Registered
SLK 55 AMG
3,560 Posts
It's an automatic gearbox, not a clutchless manual, so the shifts won't be as quick as in a Ferrari... but you do get smooth changes, and the gearbox will adapt to your driving style. This means that agressive drivers will have quicker gear changes whilst chilled out drivers will have smoother and slower gear changes to provide a more calm drive.

·
Registered
R171 SLK 350
295 Posts
Maybe the auto hasn't yet learned your driving style. Drive the car for a little longer and see if it makes a difference.

·
Registered
2006 SLK 350
1,614 Posts
Astin said:
Maybe the auto hasn't yet learned your driving style. Drive the car for a little longer and see if it makes a difference.
Just wondering. Both my wife and I drive our SLK. I'm a little more aggressive when I drive. Does the SLK "average" our driving habits to "learn" a typical driving style? Or does it mimic the more aggressive/passive of the two driving styles?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts