Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow Mercedes-oholics :angel

I'm considering refreshing the steering wheel as the paint seems to have rubbed off along the edge of the rim and it looks slightly tatty. While the interior is Alpaca Grey, 838U, the steering wheel is a darker shade of grey and so I wonder if anyone knows what is the paint code / color? The car is 2004 A209, that said the steering wheel & color is shared across multiple models from then-current Mercedes offering.

Guidance much appreciated - thank you!

Attachments

Registered
No idea. Maybe a good leather shop could help you. Mine is black all leather and about a year ago I recovered it over the existing leather. Looks good. Better grip too.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks gorj, looks great - and I like the red stitching, very tasteful!

In the meantime I kept looking to resolve my problem and I found a shop in Germany which I think might be the answer - it appears the color is alpaca grey. I dropped them a note as I'm also looking to respray lower parts of dashboard and want to ensure their "cream" color is a match.

VLC-COLOR Leather & interior paint (150 ml) Mercedes Alpaca grey dark | VOLICO.de - von Liebenstein Consulting | Your contact partner for leather and interior paints for Mercedes, BMW, Audi and Porsche

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks gorj - I'll report as soon as I've feedback, and if it works out I'll spin up separate threads to cover the "renovation".

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you Benzyle, the picture doesn't show but the paint is damaged on the wheel, it's a couple shades of grey as the PO must have been passionate about cleaning it - too often perhaps. 馃槙

Registered
Thank you Benzyle, the picture doesn't show but the paint is damaged on the wheel, it's a couple shades of grey as the PO must have been passionate about cleaning it - too often perhaps. 馃槙
Lucky it's not fifty shades of grey,,,,,:grin

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
3 Participants
miko1aj
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing