Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2002 SLK 32 AMG
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i have a 02 32 amg and my steering wheel leather is starting to crack and peel. i was wondering if the leather on it can be rewrapped again or do i have to purchase a new one. thanks

·
Registered
2003 SL500 USA model, Auto Transmission, Stock, Aegean Blue Metallic
1,415 Posts
Check Leatherique.com

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry to dig up an old post but did the search before starting a new thread. I'm having the same problem, the top of my steering wheel is starting to crack. I checked the leatherique site and looking at the instructions, the person went without their veh for a few days, I don't have that option.

The one person mentioned getting a used one, getting a used steering wheel? If I found one, just take it to a shop and have them put it on the car? Someone in another thread used Magic Eraser on a dash, anyone use anything else on the steering wheel? Thx.

I have an 05 E500, do I need to post this in another area?

·
Registered
Australia, 99SLK230 R170, 2001SLK32
1,374 Posts
try ebay
1999-2001 MERCEDES BENZ SLK 230 BLACK LEATHER STEERING WHEEL OEM | eBay

or
Mercedes SLK32 AMG SLK230 SLK320 SLK-Class R170 CLK W208 Leather Steering Wheel | eBay

Others have done this - particularly over at the Crossfire forum (same car) for the purpose of installing paddle shifters wholst retaining thier original wheel
If you have a spare couple of hundered - a complimentary addon is a TCM upgrade where you can turn your Auto into a
"summer mode - AUTO" or a
"winter mode - Manual" box - by way of the S/W gear box switch.

b22b

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
wow - great find!
looks lke it fits as well.
Also a good option for the "paddel shifter crowd" - but maybe more expensive than a 2nd hand job you're about to hack into.

SzymekPL - Does it "feel like mercedes" or "cheaper plastic/rubbery"...or of course then there's "expensive" plastic rubbery".
Any photos of it installed in the car?
Any vision issues with the gauges?
Approx. cost? - not available on the web site.

nice....

·
Registered
MB SLK R170 2.3K
9 Posts
cost about $ 600 + shipping, but you have to ask by email. This is my friend and I have a little different price :)

in my car:

in touch:
- slightly soft but not too much, full leather! also performs the steering wheel in carbon !!!
- profiles are ideal for hands
- thickness is ideal for hand

the gear bag is also new..

my dashboard is flocked and it looks a little different , all panels, armrest, door handles are made in the hydrographics (water transfer)

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
awesome!
not sure about the flock though.....;>)
but definitely better than a rubberised repaint.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts