Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes G Brabus
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will a steering wheel of a G500 cabrio 2004 fit a 300 GE 1991 (w463)? Is it costly to fit the steeringboss back because this and the airbag have been removed. The 300 GE doesn't have an airbag so is it necessary to replace the airbag or can you simply replace the steering boss without it ??? Thanks for the reply.

Attachments

·
Registered
'94 G350TDL
304 Posts
I tried to replace my steering wheel with one with air bag. But I gave up for the horn cover did not fit, and there was no cheap cover without air bag unit. You also have to do some mods to the horn electrical point and the hole to turn off the turning lights automatically. My opinion is that it will be hard and costly. Sorry.

·
Registered
G320 & E500
1,198 Posts
Tomo - 2/27/2005 7:10 PM

I tried to replace my steering wheel with one with air bag. But I gave up for the horn cover did not fit, and there was no cheap cover without air bag unit. You also have to do some mods to the horn electrical point and the hole to turn off the turning lights automatically. My opinion is that it will be hard and costly. Sorry.
Why can't you just use the cover with the air-bag and leave the air-bag disconnected?

Chuck

·
Registered
'94 G350TDL
304 Posts
cfowler - 2/27/2005 9:05 PM

Tomo - 2/27/2005 7:10 PM

Why can't you just use the cover with the air-bag and leave the air-bag disconnected?

Chuck
They sell cover and air-bag as a set(very expensive, too). I even don't know if I can separate the cover from the air-bag unit, and even though I can do so, the air bag unit may work as a horn switch as well.

·
Registered
2004 G500 (gone)
1,100 Posts
I would leave it alone if I were you. If you want the wood trim on the steering wheel, there are many aftermarket companies that can put the wood on for you.

Should you decide to go ahead anyway, I can imagine that it will be costly and cause you additional problems that you really don't need.

Best of luck to you.

·
Registered
Mercedes G Brabus
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BrentG500 - 3/1/2005 4:35 AM

I would leave it alone if I were you. If you want the wood trim on the steering wheel, there are many aftermarket companies that can put the wood on for you.

Should you decide to go ahead anyway, I can imagine that it will be costly and cause you additional problems that you really don't need.

Best of luck to you.
Thank you very much Brent. The steering wheel finally sold for about 400 euro's and there was a lot of bidding. Bought some nice carpets instead [^]

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts