Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive visited this site numerous times and gotten alot of information for my car. I did a search for this awhile back to no success, alot of interfaces only goes as far as 2004.

well i finally found one that works for our cars. the is a huge industry leader in care audio for wire and adapters.

METRA makes the AXXESS ASWC steering wheel interface.

LINK HERE: Axxess Interface

CLICK on the steering wheel control tab on the right.

hope this helps.... just ordered mine off ebay @ $33.00 free shipping..

good luck to anyone doing an after market stereo. ill keep you guys posted as i start my full on car audio installation..

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you get it to work? If so, what sort of button functionality were you able to get, and what head unit are you using? I was recently told that the Metra Axxess doesn't work with my 2002 E320 and a Kenwood, so I installed the PAC SWI-CAN2 and SWI-JACK.

·
Registered
01C240 gone; 02ML320 gone; 04E320.4M; 06 ML350
99 Posts
Actually it works better than the PAC set ...

First I tried the PAC combination and it was lame. Then I got the Connects2 adapter - I could not make it work at all. Finally bought an Axxess and the whole installation and programming was like a breeze. It worked well with a Kenwood DNX7180 in the 2002 ML320 I had (traded in a month ago for an 2006 ML350).
And it also works well in my 2004 E320 with a Kenwood DNX8120.

I also wanted to put a newer Kenwood in my ML350 (which came with the Comand with NAV and HK sound system) but it would be to complicated and to expensive. I did all the instal myself in the previous cars but I feel with this ML350 is an overkill (even though I don't like the Comand and the NAV).

·
Registered
2012 CL550 2009 SL550 Silver Arrow
50 Posts
Steering wheel control interface

I have a 2007 SL550 that I have just replaced the COMMAND system with a new Kenwood DNX890HD. Of course I lost the phone and volume controls from the steering wheel. Please advise your recommendation on a simple an easy to install unit to gain use of my steering wheel controls. Is the Axxess model the one to get? Thanks in advance for all your help

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you get it to work? If so, what sort of button functionality were you able to get, and what head unit are you using? I was recently told that the Metra Axxess doesn't work with my 2002 E320 and a Kenwood, so I installed the PAC SWI-CAN2 and SWI-JACK.
I understand this post is old but I also have the pac swi-CAN2 and the swi-JACK I wanted to know where did you connect the swi jack to in the car and if you can help me with mine step by step I keep getting confused I have a mercedes benz e320 2001 and an android aftermarket radio

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550 FORMER: C300, ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
24,731 Posts
Welcome to the forum @Auron Darling - please take a moment to read the information on the link below. It explains how to update your user profile so that your car's details and your location appear on each post below your avatar. This is good information for others to know when trying to help. It also has good information about how the forums are organized and how to use the search feature:

Find your Forum Section, Navigate & Search

None of the participants of this thread have been seen for years, so i doubt they will answer. Also, this forum is for the W203 C-Class, and you have a W211 E-Class. While the electronics of these cars are similar, you should probably post this in the W211 forum for the best help. If you'd like, I can move your post over there for you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts