Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today when I turned off the ignition to my 2002 C320 I heard a motor noise and the telescoping steering column did not retract automatically. After some testing it looks like the motor is not engaging to retract and raise the steering column. It is now stuck in an unfavorable position and there is no manual over-ride. Does anyone know what this might cost me to get fixed at the Mercedes dealer. My assumption is they will have to pull the dash and it will cost me $$$. If anyone has any tricks or ideas how to fix please let me know.

thanks,

·
Registered
1 Posts
Today when I turned off the ignition to my 2002 C320 I heard a motor noise and the telescoping steering column did not retract automatically. After some testing it looks like the motor is not engaging to retract and raise the steering column. It is now stuck in an unfavorable position and there is no manual over-ride. Does anyone know what this might cost me to get fixed at the Mercedes dealer. My assumption is they will have to pull the dash and it will cost me $$$. If anyone has any tricks or ideas how to fix please let me know.

thanks,
I am having the same problem on my C32 AMG 2002. How did you fixed it?

Jose Gutierrez
MEXICO

·
Registered
2004 C230 Kompressor Sport Coupe
1,903 Posts
Have you checked the fuse? It also does not move if you use the control manually, yes?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts