Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2002 CLK 430 & 2001.5 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax EC/LB LB7
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so here is the deal. My CLK has some vibration when turning tight radius turns such as moving around in a parking lot. The vibration is VERY severe when it is cold outside (35 F or below) and non existent when it is warm outside. Once the car warms up the problem is gone, just when it is cold does this happen. The car drives like a dream other than this.

On a side note: I took the car to a Mercedes dealership in Lexington, KY and they said everything was just fine. I took it to a dealership in Bowling Green, KY and they said that it was probably the steering rack that needed replaced.

If you have any ideas or advice I would greatly appreciate it!

Zack

· Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The lady had the original multispoke wheels on it originally then she put the 5 spoke AMG wheels on it. They are 17 inch wheels. What would this matter?

· Registered
Hopes & Dreams
1,418 Posts
Shouldn't, if they are the same measurements, etc... as the stock 17s then it shouldn't matter. Could be the steering dampener, I had mine replaced earlier on when I got the car and it made a big difference.

· Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You know sfclk, It does sound a lot like a tire skipping, but why in the world does it only happen when it is cold? When it was 15 degrees outside (F) it sounded like the wheel was falling off and it would shake the entire car.

I had the entire front end checked out. All of the bushings and tie rods and stuff was in perfect condition. The ball joints had all been replaced about a year or two ago.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.