Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
1998 ML320 (W163)
Discussion Starter #1
I saw something on a Facebook group where someone wanted to put the steering rack from an ML55 into their ML320, is this even possible? Would the speed-sensitive steering feature still work? Has anyone done this before? If so, was it worth it?

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Registered
I saw something on a Facebook group where someone wanted to put the steering rack from an ML55 into their ML320, is this even possible? Would the speed-sensitive steering feature still work? Has anyone done this before? If so, was it worth it?

What's your intent here?

The SSS feature is specific to the ML55, and if you search and read thru some of the posts and comments on the SSS, it's a PIA feature. Sure, it "sounds cool and great" - if you really believe that swapping one in, if possible, would translate to converting an ML320 baby into a manly ML55 with improved steering response.
Why even bother.

Registered
1998 ML320 (W163)
Discussion Starter #3
What's your intent here?

The SSS feature is specific to the ML55, and if you search and read thru some of the posts and comments on the SSS, it's a PIA feature. Sure, it "sounds cool and great" - if you really believe that swapping one in, if possible, would translate to converting an ML320 baby into a manly ML55 with improved steering response.
Why even bother.
What's your intent here?

Why even bother.
I just mostly wanted to know if it would actually work, I'm not really interested in doing it myself. Like I said, saw it on a W163 Facebook group and was curious. I'm really not all that familiar with the SSS though, what are the advantages? You said it's a PITA feature, why?

Premium Member
2000 ML55 sold? 2013 ML500,? 2015 C250 estate wagon, 1927 Dodge 4 sedan, 1929 Dodge
The steering becomes a little heavier at speed but to convert it into any other ML would be difficult being that it needs to get speed readings from most likely the ECU. So to do it I鈥檓 not even sure if a non ML 55 ecu could be programmed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Dallas, Texas
SPS works just fine. My E320 has is and my wife likes it. Easy to steer in slow parking situations and stiffens as speed increases.

It is not possible to retrofit. Traction systems module in ML320 does not have output to drive SPS solenoid and ML55 module cannot be coded to work with V6 engine.

Registered
1998 ML320 (W163)
Discussion Starter #6
SPS works just fine. My E320 has is and my wife likes it. Easy to steer in slow parking situations and stiffens as speed increases.

It is not possible to retrofit. Traction systems module in ML320 does not have output to drive SPS solenoid and ML55 module cannot be coded to work with V6 engine.
I'll definitely let the guy in the Facebook group know that it can't actually be done. I didn't even know that SSS was an option on W163's until I saw that this morning, hence the curiosity.

Sent from my OnePlus 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Registered
Dallas, Texas
I'll definitely let the guy in the Facebook group know that it can't actually be done. I didn't even know that SSS was an option on W163's until I saw that this morning, hence the curiosity.

Moment you mention fuckbook my dick goes limp.

Registered

Lol, I wouldnt waste any time on that FB group.
Just my 2 cents of nothing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts