Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sup peeps, i just picked up my car today from the dealer MB Of San Diego. It went in for hesitation from a stop and turned out to be my MAF Sensor. Well it also had a what sounded like a creaking sound from the left front and they technician told me it was a sterring mounting plate located in the center front of the steering rack. apparently the 03-05 e-klasse sedans have this common problem so Mercedes Benz is allowing the customers to have it replaced with a redesigned one that produces no noise with a pro-reated price of 210 dollars total. I just wanted to know if this is normal and if other owners with these model years have experienced this problem. thanks for your time.

BTW I got only 55K miles on it

·
Premium Member
4,168 Posts
it also had a what sounded like a creaking sound from the left front and they technician told me it was a sterring mounting plate located in the center front of the steering rack
DTB P-B-46.40/53a JUN08 E & CLS up to NOV06 production cracking/creaking noise from steering rack area when steering. Steering rack mounting plate modified, plate 2116280411 is replaced by 2116280511.

FYI: MBUSA $27.50 list/ 22 net (parts.com 18.98).

Depending on your VIN they should have also looked into Service Campaign 2006040004 if not already done MBWorld.org Forums - View Single Post - W211 Recalls!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts