Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys so my steerinf lo k went had it replaces but still no go was wondering has to be programmed in after it's installed

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey guys so my steering lo k went had it replaces but still no go was wondering has to be programmed in after it's installed
You need to get to your mechanic to check it and if possible remove the lag from that the steerling and place it in another compartment.

·
Registered
147 Posts
So when you say you have had the steering lock replaced, what part did you have changed?
Did your Electronic steering lock fail?
Did your Electronic ignition switch fail?
Did they replace it with a new part?
Most of the parts in a newer Mercedes are modules they need to be linked together to work, if you have purchased new or used parts they have to be coded to your car, if they repaired the ESL, you can some times get away with it just working.

·
Registered
4 Posts
So when you say you have had the steering lock replaced, what part did you have changed?
Did your Electronic steering lock fail?
Did your Electronic ignition switch fail?
Did they replace it with a new part?
Most of the parts in a newer Mercedes are modules they need to be linked together to work, if you have purchased new or used parts they have to be coded to your car, if they repaired the ESL, you can some times get away with it just working.
The same one I used is the same that was worked one and detached from the steering and fixed in a compartment near it, They did not have to code it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts