Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Police Interceptor Utility, 2017 Police Interceptor Sedan
7,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone got an OEM 14" steel rim they wanna get rid of? I need one.

Ike

·
Registered
Benzless for now...
1,558 Posts
I have a steel rim as a spare in my daily driver. I'm not sure if it's OEM or just a rim somebody picked up that has a matching bolt pattern. I certainly don't need it since I have five alloys on the wreck. Can you post a picture of what the OEM rim looks like?

·
Registered
96 E300D
817 Posts
flyboyike - 2/28/2005 9:43 PM

Anyone got an OEM 14" steel rim they wanna get rid of? I need one.

Ike
I just scored four 14" rims plus hubcaps that match the color of my car and the lug bolts from my local pick and pull for $25 per. You might try that otherwise the shipment cost will kill you.

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Stevenpfaff - 3/1/2005 12:21 PM

I have a steel rim as a spare in my daily driver. I'm not sure if it's OEM or just a rim somebody picked up that has a matching bolt pattern. I certainly don't need it since I have five alloys on the wreck. Can you post a picture of what the OEM rim looks like?
Steven,

It looks something like this:

Also, how's that bumper coming? I ask because the car is currently in the body shop and the guy will probably start bugging me soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
Benzless for now...
1,558 Posts
That looks like the rim I have, want it for $20? I should have the bumper off soon. Last week was super busy for me but I should have some time to get out to the garage within the next few days?

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
20 bucks works for me!

·
Registered
82 240D manual
110 Posts
be careful - some of the early wheels are actually aluminum. They look just like steel but are much lighter. I have a set on my '82 240D. I bought another set but sold them on eBay. You can check on the car with a magnet. Off the car you can definitely feel the lightness. You don't want to be mixing these w/steelies on the car (or at least on the same axle).

·
Registered
Benzless for now...
1,558 Posts
flyboyike - 3/2/2005 2:11 PM

20 bucks works for me!
It even has a tire on it, not sure if it hold air or not. I should be able to get that bumper off tomorrow or Saturday and get it sent out as soon as fedex can get here to pick it up.

EDIT: just put $95 into paypal under [email protected], if the money is there it will rush me to get the parts.

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Funds on the way, Sir!!!

Ike

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #10