Premium Member
1990 SEC
4,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1966 250SE Cab, 1989 500SEL euro
3,570 Posts
That's really cool, but how do you ask $25,000 for a "restored" SEC with a 6.0L AMG engine in it?

·
R.I.P. Never Forgotten
1983-2007 MB's
8,023 Posts
Funny enough, if that engine was in a black/black Gen 1 Euro AMG w/ bodykit, I'd think there wouldn't be as much dissent - this was posted some time before and while people marveled at the engine, they just couldn't justify the chassis that went along w/ it, speaking from a price, condition, and mileage perspective.

So, basically you're paying for the motor.

·
Mercedes
9,049 Posts
Funny enough, if that engine was in a black/black Gen 1 Euro AMG w/ bodykit, I'd think there wouldn't be as much dissent - this was posted some time before and while people marveled at the engine, they just couldn't justify the chassis that went along w/ it, speaking from a price, condition, and mileage perspective.

So, basically you're paying for the motor.
Well... if the ad had a 6.0 DOHC AMG M117 motors in a Gen 1 AMG kitted SEC than I would have been skeptical from the beginning. If it were a 5.0 or 5.4 DOHC then it would have been correct. The 6.0 DOHC is the jewel of all Gen 2 AMG's.

What I find strange is the suspension stance appears to be stock and everything else is stock. I'd be curious to know about the differential (if its GT) and knowing what the owner (apparently the 1st one) has had modified in the car besides the RennTech restored 6.0 DOHC motor.

·
Mercedes
9,049 Posts
Anyone else notice the headers on the DOHC pictured appears to be cast?:)

·
Registered
Depends on the day!
13,337 Posts
Yup, they made both styles.. My Hammer is tubular, the SEL is cast. The last customer Hammer that was in was cast as well, albeit w/ about 1/2' of rust on them :(

Jonathan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts