Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2000 slk230 Komp
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just be warned: I have dropped my car off twice for window leaks (never mind it took 2 trips), when I picked my car up, there was interior damage (Both times) when I pointed it out to them they claimed they didn't do. I know my car. the last trip, I found gouges on the panel next to the ignition switch (like someone tried to pry the panel off). the serv. manager told me it looked like I did it trying to get the key into the ignition. the gap in the panel is the opposite direction of the ignition switch, so not only did he imply that I’m too stupid to know how to put my key in; I can't figure out which way the key should go.
take your car ANYWHERE but to these idiots.

·
Registered
2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
14,926 Posts
About the only thing you can do with these types, is....

to go over the car with them before you leave it there. [}:)] If they agree that there are few or only specific problems, you can come back at them when new stuff shows up. Of course they could flat out lie to your face, [:0] but there are not too many that will do that... [B)][B)][:(]

·
Registered
2003 SLK 320
684 Posts
Yeah my mercedes dealer goes over the whole car really quick and marks anything wrong with it every time it's taken into service, so if anything's broken afterwards, they know it was them.

·
Registered
2000 slk230 Komp
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thankx for the tips..........shoulda gone over it before hand with them. [B)] i've never had a shop damage my baby before [:0] i'll try euromotorworks next time. [^]

·
Registered
1999 SLK 230- RED
461 Posts
You got a camera and a daily newspaper of the day you take it in. Try and get the service person in the same picture with the newspaper...date on the pictures helps also.

Regards

1 - 6 of 6 Posts