Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I have an 09 s550. My radio just started this a week ago. When i turn on my comand unit. 95% of the time i hear a static click noise out of the speakers it happens every 10-15 seconds. When this happens, i have no control of the joystick on the comand screen up or down. I can still move it left and right to change channels but if i move it up to audio or any other setting, it pops it right back down to the middle of the screen. I thought maybe the joystick was bad. I replaced it to find that it was not the problem. I deactivated my xm radio to make sure that it wasnt a bad signal. Has anyone else had this problem or has anyone even heard of a problem like this? I contacted many benz repair shops locally and even my dealer who have never had this problem. I made an appointment to get diagnosed But i wanted to check w you guys before i spend that $150 to hook it up to the machine

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, i have heard two different things. If my comand unit is bad. I was going to swap it out with a used one from a scrap yard. Some say it will work for 08 and 09. Other years will lock up with anti theft. And others ( my dealer) are saying you can not swap out at all. Any feedback would be greatly appriciated

·
Registered
Too many to list
8,735 Posts
You are posting on the wrong forum , this is the w220 forum for 2000-2006 Models and your car is a w221 chassis

Luckily though I know the answer to your problem as I had same problem in my w221 s600. You need to take out the main amplifier in the trunk and send it out for repair . Search eBay for s550 amplifier repair , it’s $300 and they fixed mine
EB67523F-2C30-4F4E-B0E6-54B794E97416.png

1 - 3 of 3 Posts