Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Had the same problem with my diesel, Isnt the 280E a gas model? Sorry for asking, but I dont know my models too well... Well anyways the solution to my problem was just dumping fuel injector cleaner into an empty fuel tank, right before you refuel. Also what really seemed to help was adjusting the idle speed up a couple of 100 RPMs. (I wouldnt go over 1100 on mine) That seemed to cure the problem. A typical Haynes manual would have the procedure to adjust idle speed in it, and the process, at least for my car, was very simple. Otherwise since your car I think is a gasoline model. It could have all sorts of eletrical chips and emission control b.s. that could also be the problem.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jon, it sounds like you have a cold start valve problem. I'm not overly familiar with the system used on the 280E, but if you get yourself a good service manual, you should be able to find it and diagnose the problem better. Sorry I can't be of more help.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jon, it sounds like you have a cold start valve problem. I'd guess it's not running rich enough whilst cold. I'm not overly familiar with the system used on the 280E, but if you get yourself a good service manual, you should be able to find it and diagnose the problem better. Sorry I can't be of more help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.