Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1972 Mercedes 220 (gas)
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I have a 1972 220 gas with a bad starter. It is not only hard to get to, but not sure what i have to do to remove it. There does not seem to be a path for it to be pulled. Do i need to raise the engine? or?

I have checked the forum and did not find anything on this model (provided I checked the forum in the proper maner).

Thanks for any assistance.

Jackie

·
Registered
1965 220S, 1999 Volvo V70 (wagon), 2006 Ford Crown Vic Police Interceptor, 72 350SL 4 Speed
1,830 Posts
If you have an automatic, pull back the carpet on the right side by the trans tunnel. There should be a removable plate. The bolts will be accessible.

·
Registered
1972 Mercedes 220 (gas)
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you have an automatic, pull back the carpet on the right side by the trans tunnel. There should be a removable plate. The bolts will be accessible.
I have pulled the run and found what seems to be a plate, I will give it a shot and reply with the results.

Thanks,

Jackie

·
Registered
1972 Mercedes 220 (gas)
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have pulled the run and found what seems to be a plate, I will give it a shot and reply with the results.

Thanks,

Jackie
There is a support bracket that needed to be removed called the holding bracket. Once removed, we were able to remove the starter.

Thanks for your assistance.

PS. the plate under the rug of this Mercedes was welded tight. We did not need it thankfully.

Jackie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts