Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well started working on the black 1991 300e I bought last month for $1650
Replaced ovp with the Euro one I bought on ebay,charged the battery,went thru all the grounds and cleaned them up along with the positive leads.some idiot put the ground cable to the top of the shock mounts! tried removing air cleaner Assembly but 2 nut were frozen so bad cracked the plastic had to epoxy it back together ,one of the small one wire sensor on top of the head was wasted , they has stripped the wire and wrapped it around the sensors post ,dumb ass! resoldered and heat shrink fixed that. dam all kinds of nasty looking mech fixes under there.very dirty engine compartment.put it back together and fired her up (fingers crossed) fired right up! checked voltage at battery 13.8vdc,turned on the lights still 13.8 great! systems working as it should. revved her up and really smooth! so I guess looks are deceiving!
still have to work on trans issues,brakes,a/c not working,at least engine runs good.
now I need to give her a name,so help me out ,what should I call her?

Attachments

·
Registered
8,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I don't know Hmmm. those sound really good,but doesn't roll off your tongue quite like "das schwarze " means the black one in German:D
Funny the 300se I bought 10 years ago that owner named her "white lightning "

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
I don't know Hmmm. those sound really good,but doesn't roll off your tongue quite like "das schwarze " means the black one in German:D
Funny the 300se I bought 10 years ago that owner named her "white lightning "
Die schwarze hexe

"The Black Witch" - puts a spell on you !

Joh is that the cheap OVP I posted about from eBay that you fitted ?
Was waiting for your advice on quality etc ?

Ray

·
Registered
8,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Die schwarze hexe

"The Black Witch" - puts a spell on you !

Joh is that the cheap OVP I posted about from eBay that you fitted ?
Was waiting for your advice on quality etc ?

Ray
It is ,think it was $24 .hell it works! engine seems smoother,took old one apart and corrosion in there,loose posts too.so I'm sure that's why the car died on me 2 weeks ago at the red light!
no regrets!:D

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
hmm.. Frieda! that's my vote ;)

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Its not a matter of whether or not to name a car; they already have names. If you have more than one, its a lot easier to name it. Consider the following:

BFF: "Hey lowesguy, we're going (insert past time here, ex: fishing, to the cigar shop, or to the strip club) this afternoon, wanna come with us?"

Lowesguy: "I was planning to do the struts in one of the cars"

B: "Oh, which one?"

L: "The Benz"

B: "Which Benz?"

L: "The 300e"

B: "Which 300e?"

L: "The black '91 with xxx interior"

B: "Gee can I help" (yeah right)

Anyway, it would all be much simpler if the car had a name other than "the black '91". When was the last time you said to your kid; "hey '78 boy with the dark hair; when are you going to clean up this mess?" Of course not, you gave him a name.

I vote for anything with Schwarze in it.

·
Premium Member
1,719 Posts
I lack creativity, and possibly a soul myself,
so I use these pet names:

the black wagon
the silver wagon
the green one
the white convertible
the black sportline
the 89 coupe

·
Registered
8,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok decision has been made.had to run it by the wife and she gets really jealous of the cars? she says you pay more attention to those cars than you do to me! she's probably right,I get possessed when I'm working on them,I go full bore,don't bug me,no distractions ok I'm working on the car.its a little selfish of me but that's the way I am.after I fix something she tells her friends "John did a wonderful job on the Benz"
so.... to keep the peace has to be a male name ,she chose "Dieter "
Thanks to all for the input.now just have to name the White 92 one with the XXX interior! HaHa!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Man, that wife of yours can talk you into anything. So know when you have to go out and wash it you are going to say "Gotta go wash dirty Dieter". Ok then.

Now if you gotta go wash the dirty black witch then that is something to talk about.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Now if you gotta go wash the dirty black witch then that is something to talk about.
Sounds more manly than "I'm just going out to wash Dieter ! - (Gee I hope I don't break a fingernail ) "

:big laugh:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts