Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
ML 320
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starting problem on my ML320 (1999). When I after use my ML (hot engine), engine off then re-start again – “the problem was the key switch turn to start position, the key & the starter can not release respectively.�

After 1 ~ 2 hours later (engine cool down), it start up normal & smoothly.

Anyone have same symptom???? And how to solve it.

·
Registered
2003 ML500 & 2003 CLK500
169 Posts
Not sure about the "starter can not release" statement, but I had a problem with the engine not cranking when hot. It was intermittent at first, then suddenly the truck died one day on the highway. It was the crankshaft positioning sensor. I'm not the only one this has happened to. Is you engine cranking, but not starting? Is your starter staying engaged? Can anybody else help?!
Good luck,
Roger

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550 FORMER: C300, ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
20,591 Posts
Mercedes has an electronically controlled starter circuit they call “TouchStart�. In order to start the engine, you only need to briefly turn the key to the start position and the system will continue to engage and run the starter until the engine is running. IOW, you don’t have to hold the key in the start position to keep the starter engaged. If there is a problem with spark or fuel delivery that prevents the engine from running, this same system will continue to run the starter for some period of time until the ECM decides the engine is not going to run and then it will disengage it.

- RODNEY

·
Registered
ML 320
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Many thanks.
The garage mechanics told me that the key switch 'start' position mal-function, need to order the new key sw as match key code.
Anyone has same event or any idea.
thanks.[?]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts