Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
06 S55; 08 R350
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my wife's car to the grocery yesterday. After shopping, I returned to the car and tried to start it. It cranked, seemed to catch, then stalled. Tried it again, with the same result. Third time, nothing. Figuring it to be a battery problem, I tried jumping it to no avail. I got a "Start Error" message on the display. I finally called Roadside Assistance, and had it towed to my local dealer. No word from them yet. Any ideas what the problem is? TIA.

Jeff

·
Registered
ML 270CDI 2002, BMW K1300S, VW POLO 1.9TDI
515 Posts
Could be a problem with the ignition key/fob, try your spare.

·
Registered
06 S55; 08 R350
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
alphonsohall - 4/11/2005 12:01 PM

Could be a problem with the ignition key/fob, try your spare.
Tried both my key, and my wife's. Neither worked.

Jeff

·
Registered
99ML320 (retired) C230 530xi 911-C4
2,229 Posts
jwalther - 4/11/2005 9:49 AM

Took my wife's car to the grocery yesterday. After shopping, I returned to the car and tried to start it. It cranked, seemed to catch, then stalled. Tried it again, with the same result. Third time, nothing. Figuring it to be a battery problem, I tried jumping it to no avail. I got a "Start Error" message on the display. I finally called Roadside Assistance, and had it towed to my local dealer. No word from them yet. Any ideas what the problem is? TIA.

Jeff
DAS (driver authorization system) is dead. Usually means they replace the AAM computer.

Easy fix at the dealer. Should be warranty item

·
BenzWorld W211 Host
E270 CDI -03
163 Posts
I have had this problem 3 or 4 times but every time my ML starts on the third och fourth time I try.

Should I be worried?

·
Registered
Black 2005 ML 500
1,662 Posts
I have that happen to my ML every 25,000+ miles or so. I turn the key and suddenly I got a "Start Error", but when I try again, it starts fine.

The last time it happened was two weeks ago, and before that it was when I changed my battery and it did the same thing once.

I currently have 102,000 miles, and that error has been so sporadic that I am ignoring it, but I will really like to know what causes that error message..

·
Registered
06 S55; 08 R350
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
roadsession - 4/12/2005 1:31 AM

jwalther - 4/11/2005 9:49 AM

Jeff
DAS (driver authorization system) is dead. Usually means they replace the AAM computer.

Easy fix at the dealer. Should be warranty item
Just got back from the dealer, and that's exactly the problem. Thanks!

Jeff

1 - 7 of 7 Posts