Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2006 S500 4matic, 2008 S550 4matic
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After deciphering the VIN I found that I suppose to have start button. However car came with a regular one key and the round plug for the button is missing. I already suspected that I should have start button option since every time I turn off the car is says: don't forget your key. Is all what I need to find that plug or I need to program something? Where can I can the plug?

·
Registered
2006 S500 4matic, 2008 S550 4matic
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a lot. I found those button at ebay for $25. I guess I just buy one, plug it in and its it?

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
168 Posts
You should have an indentation on the door handle that is touch sensitive. If you touch this with the key in your pocket, does the vehicle’s instrument cluster power up and state “Key Not Detected” or does it unlock?

There are two types of SmartKeys - Keyless-Go keys and non-Keyless-Go keys.

The Keyless-Go key can be $100 or more expensive depending on the dealer, and many times a standard key is ordered. If this is the case, you will need to order a replacement key(s) that respond to the Keyless-Go System.

PM me your VIN and I can possibly provide you more information.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought my S550 4Matic a couple of months ago. The used car salesman pulled one from another Benz & it worked. I am unsure of the model it came from. Then I found the one that was missing. My guess is that any should work, but check with those more knowledgeable.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
168 Posts
There is nothing unique about them.
I bought my S550 4Matic a couple of months ago. The used car salesman pulled one from another Benz & it worked. I am unsure of the model it came from. Then I found the one that was missing. My guess is that any should work, but check with those more knowledgeable.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks!! I didn't think so, but I didn't want to give incorrect information.

Enjoy the upcoming holiday season!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts