Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
So, for SDConnect C4, it appears there are different firmwares that can be loaded onto the units, I've seen 100925, 101044 , and 155988.

What version are you all using successfully?

Does anyone know if it matters which version I get? \

Has anyone changed the firmware on their units?

Thanks
don't worry about the Firmware if needed it can be easily changed
Paul

·
Registered
394 Posts
Like others I got my SDS C4 multiplexer from a China .
If you have a C4 you don't need to use the old dell, install 09.2016 if you need HHTWin or any newer version if you don't need hht.
These versions don't have a expiration date and run on win7.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
If you have a C4 you don't need to use the old dell, install 09.2016 if you need HHTWin or any newer version if you don't need hht.
These versions don't have a expiration date and run on win7.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
So I have a Dell D620 to use. What all would I need to buy to get a C4 system?

·
Registered
233 Posts
The C4 and then depending on how adventurous you are:

- nothing, just download and install from MHH
- a hard disk for the DELL with pre-installed SW

·
Registered
6,645 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
THREAD RESURRECTED :

Followed the previous links ... no longer available. (Also been subscribed to the Star Talk on the r129 forum... confused!! )

anyone know where to get the most dumbed down version of this ? (not "dumbed down" in terms of features... just "Dumbed down" for dummies.... ;). )

Of course, I will search on the sites... but if someone had luck with a Star Diagnostics - like device... would like to hear it. thanks.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Amgdvi, Artarev:

Can you clarify the main difference between a Star Diagnistics system discussed in these latest posts & a handheld Scanner like Autel or Icarsoft that can read all specific Mercedes ABS, Tranny, etc codes ?

Thank You - David

PS: I am on the verge of buying the latter to track down my elusive "beeping w/ brake MIL" issue & need to read live data while test driving

·
Premium Member
4,097 Posts
You cant code/program with Autel/foxwell.
With Star you can do whatever you want if you know what you are doing.

That is in very simple terms.........

David you can track down your beeping with Autel. You don't need Star for that. But if you want to go all the way, you wont regret it. Go for C4

·
Registered
6,645 Posts
For me biggest difference between Autel/Foxwell type of scanners and SDS is lack of bidirectional control.

Code P0400 pups up you run component activation test for EGR.

P0410. Same thing you run SAI test and look at results.

Just to name a few.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Thanks Art & Witek for the advice !

I do have some SDS Clone software (forget exact name it's a Belgium based publisher).

Runs on an ancient laptop - kinda bulky & clunky to use.

Not exactly intuitive operation so I was reading with interest re the Autel MD802 or 805 @ $165-200 seemed a nice more usable upgrade.

Best regards- David

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
18,833 Posts
Look on aliexpress or dhgste for sellers specializing in car diagnostics. Get a C3 system, and one that the seller claims has new relays with the RS485 interface. For "dumbed down", get one that comes with a laptop (likely a used Dell D630). You'll pay more than if you build your own, but it should work out of the box. Expect to apy just under $500.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Look on aliexpress or dhgste for sellers specializing in car diagnostics. Get a C3 system, and one that the seller claims has new relays with the RS485 interface. For "dumbed down", get one that comes with a laptop (likely a used Dell D630). You'll pay more than if you build your own, but it should work out of the box. Expect to apy just under $500.
In your reference to the "dumbed down" version.... is it only that all the software will be pre-installed? is it just a matter of cloning the software/system from an external drive to the new computer ? that wouldn't be so bad... but if it is something where i have to change coding of the computer registry, bios, etc... then i rather have someone else do it...TLDR: so... is it simply just a matter of cloning an entire system onto the new PC ?

·
Registered
862 Posts
Hey Rodney:

This is David B from Nac Texas did you realize it was me posting ?

On the Dell laptop I got from you is that the C3 software on it ?

Thanks !

21 - 40 of 54 Posts