Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Thanks to everyone for your quick replies to my previous questions. I have an 1996 SL that is missing an insert on the left front bumper as you face the car. It looks like a plastic grill, it sits in between both fog lamps at the bottom of the bumper. Although it looks like one piece it is actually 3 and the left side of this piece mysteriously disappeared (about in the middle of the bumper vertically (and left passenger side horizontally. The attached pic should make it clear which area I'm referring to. Two questions:

1. Can someone tell me the correct name for the part that is missing? I dont even know what to ask for when I go to look for it.

2. Can someone tell me where I can find the part used, preferably?
also, if anyone has made a custom mesh grill to replace this piece that would be helpful too, I have a bad feeling I'll need to buy a whole new bumper.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,980 Posts
Hi gtd858

Welcome aboard!

I believe you are refering to the front bumper 'tow hook cover'.
Please use the 'advanced search engine' at the top of the R129 forum.
This topic has been covered countless times and you shall find tons of information in reference to purchasing these parts using the 'search' features.

Also please read the 'stickies' at the top of the R129 boards.
Most commonly asked questions are archived within those threads.

Good Luck! :thumbsup:

·
Banned
8,660 Posts
I have an 1996 SL that is missing an insert on the left front bumper as you face the car. It looks like a plastic grill, it sits in between both fog lamps at the bottom of the bumper. Although it looks like one piece it is actually 3 and the left side of this piece mysteriously disappeared (about in the middle of the bumper vertically (and left passenger side horizontally. The attached pic should make it clear which area I'm referring to. Two questions:

1. Can someone tell me the correct name for the part that is missing? I dont even know what to ask for when I go to look for it.

2. Can someone tell me where I can find the part used, preferably?
Please take a look at Standard SL Front Bumper - The Russian Parts site. and you choose the p/n 1298800005 and ask your local MB Dealer Parts Counter to match the $48.88 price from your print screen at 1996 Mercedes-Benz Sl Class Tow Hook Access - Parts.com

Note: always include your VIN when ordering parts on the Internet.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Parts com is good sometimes, but I would cross check Duval Motors since you'll have the same blueprint they're looking at, oem parts for 30%-40% off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts