Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

stalling-oil pressure-helpless

768 Views 7 Replies 1 Participant Last post by  Guest (MBNZ)
my car is a 190e 2.0 1988 auto. i took of on a 200km journey. it was fine. then we went thru some heavy traffic. i realize that the oil pressure is gradually dropping. so i put it into N. the oil pressure went up from 1.5 to 2. then when i have to go i put it into D and the car stalled in the middle if traffic. after some 30 minutes i get the car started and get it to the side of the road. after waiting on the roadside for 2 hours i get the car started and reach the hotel that was 3km away. <br> i go out that evening again and i realize the oil pressure going down again. this time i stalled but i got it started after 5 minutes a park it on the side. so after an hour i take it to my friends house and got a mechanic to take it away. he changed the ignition coil and the thing beside itt that has two plugs on the it& has siemens/hella on it. he too tried to deliver the car but it stalled. now he says that the fuel filter is choked. could this be the couse? now the car jhas been there for the past 2 days. can anyone tell me what is wrong? my sisters wedding was the next day. so you can understand how i felt. pease help me out. anyone.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
36,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
When it stalled, did the oil pressure drop even more before the engine cut out?<br> <br> When I was having soem problems with my car a few months ago, I thought it might be the fuel filter too. But I had two different MB mechanics tell me that they had never seen a fuel filter clog on one of these cars. Based on that, I think a clogged fuel filter is doubtful.<br> <br> Clogged oil filter maybe.

· Registered
36,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the oil pressure was dropping even before the engine cut off. but once it reached '0' on the oil pressure gauge, it stalled then i had difficulty staring again. last week i changed the oil ancd he oil filter. could the new oil filter be faulty? thanks for the fast reply cause i need some advice fast.

· Registered
36,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your oil pressure should stay around 1 to 1.5 while idling. if it goes to 0 it could be faulty sending unit. However, I noticed the oil pressure is usually higher (around 2) when the oil/oil filter needs to be changed. sorry I can't be more specific.

· Registered
36,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks

the fuel filter was faulty. anyway in the proses of finding the fault, we changed the fuel pump(not functioning propely and got messed up due to the clogged fuel filter). anyway we also changed the spark plugs, and the ignition coil to be on the safe side. the main thing was the fuel filter as it was over choked with mess. thanks for all your thoughtful replies. i am truely grateful.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.