Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2000 CLK 320 Convertible (Work In Progress)
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2000 CLK A208 runs great, but is now starting to stall at red lights! I just drove a 1100 mile round trip and had no issues with the car running at high speed or with the cruise control. But, it stalled on me once at a red light at my destination, then I got it started after about 10 minutes. On the return trip I again had no issues, even stopping for a rest or for a snack. When I got off the exit to my home it stalled at a red light, but started up within 2 minutes, and then again at another light but started right up. I have had an intermittent issue with the ignition (Turning the key and getting no dash lights and no start). Could it be my ignition switch going bad? I have also read that the crankshaft Position sensor also causes a stalling issue, but would that cause no dash lights and no start on occasion?
Thanks in advance!
Carl P.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does the car idle at normal RPM?

Sound like it might be two separate issues.
The car does idle at normal RPM. I just changed the Crankshaft Position Sensor. I'll see what happens now. If it stall again, it's probably my ignition switch.

·
Registered
2002 Mercedes Benz Clk 430
2 Posts
The car does idle at normal RPM. I just changed the Crankshaft Position Sensor. I'll see what happens now. If it stall again, it's probably my ignition switch.
Any update on this? My Clk has been doing the same thing and I’m still looking into what it could be.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Like I stated, it could be the crankshaft position sensor. I just replaced mine but have not done any long drives to see if it still stalls. The part is not expensive, and is just a very small pain to change. It took me 30 minutes to replace the part. I'm hoping this is the issue. Good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts