Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
'00 S430
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this from Mercedes parts people online for $19 to solve the lack of a trunk handle and to keep my grubby paws off the finish. It looks great and works perfectly. It attaches to the license plate bolts under the plate. I did not have 4 screws so I made sure I got stainless screws to avoid rust stains.

Attachments

·
Registered
2009 BMW Z4, 2005 SLK 200, 2004 S 280
1,950 Posts
For some reason the forum won't paste the link.

The text was:

"I know this is the General forum but look at how the S designers handled the boot lid closing thing. I admit that I did not discover this until today (hey, we have owned the S for more than 2 years...am I that dim?). Anyway my wife and I had to do some major shopping when we got back to Bangkok so I took charge of unloading the S. Well, it seems that when the boot is opened a small chrome tongue comes out of a space just above the license plate. It is just the right size for closing the lid. And after the lid is closed...about 5 seconds later...the tongue withdraws into the lid."

Picture on General forum October, 2006.

Here it is:

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/general-mercedes-benz/1284490-closing-boot-trunk-lid-clever.html

·
Registered
1988 Lamborghini Countach QV (sold) 2000 S500 (sold) 2004 CL500, Toyota Hilux invincable(current)
219 Posts
2003 and later seem to have it fitted only

·
Registered
'00 S430
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Well NZ Benz, we in the US get treated like a red headed stepchild. ABS, ESP and so many other features appeared in other markets way before the US. Even our own companies like Ford give the Europeans the outstanding Mondeo and give us the pathetic "Fusion" which looks like a 5 blade Gillette fusion.

Attachments

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
2013 S550
11,067 Posts
II kings 920 said:
Sadly, the auto lip handle is not on the '00 S430.
True - my '00 S500 didn't have it - but the '05 does.

·
Registered
My Benz: 04 S430
1,219 Posts
Skylaw said:
True - my '00 S500 didn't have it - but the '05 does.
My 04 has it but it comes out After I close the trunk not while it's up..Anyone know how to resynch it so it works properly? It's driving me mad.

·
Registered
1993 300SEL (Sold) 2007 X5
7,218 Posts
II kings 920 said:
Well NZ Benz, we in the US get treated like a red headed stepchild. ABS, ESP and so many other features appeared in other markets way before the US. Even our own companies like Ford give the Europeans the outstanding Mondeo and give us the pathetic "Fusion" which looks like a 5 blade Gillette fusion.
What you don't even get the Mondeo....sucks to be you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts