Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
exgowner
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if anybody is interested, i fitted a stainless brake line from expedition exchange on my 460 last night. it is the exact same ends as the factory ends, and allows for about 2 inches more of drop with an orc lift spring.
you can get them from expedition exchange for $30 each. haven't tried the rear brake line yet.https://www.expeditionexchange.com/brakehoses/
get the female to female hose for the front.

·
Registered
85 300GD 83 300TD
978 Posts
Thanks for posting this. Do you notice a difference? I run these on my '82 BMW motorcycle and the brakes are much firmer and positive. Rock hard. My truck has double lines on each side in front and I'm thinking SS lines might improve things.

-Dai

·
Registered
exgowner
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
honestly, i only put one on so i could make sure they fit properly, my pads are glazed, and i have 36" tyres so i don't know yet. im 100% sure, when i put all four lines on they will help allot. i also need to make new hard lines for the whole truck soon, which if you look on summit racings website and type in stainless brake line you will find they sell stainless steel hardline 3/16 o.d. in coils.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts