Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2002 S55 AMG, 2002 Caddy Escalade, 2004 S Type Jaguar, 2000 Chevy Express Hi Top w/COBRA conversion
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that staggered wheels are common with the rear wheel being wider than the front. But theres someone that has a set of wheels for sale with the rear wheel being not only wider, but its also bigger, the rear wheel is 22 inches and the front wheel is 20 inches. Does that sound like something that would work, or is that gonna be nothing but problems? The vehicle in question is an 02 S55. Thanks

·
Registered
W220 S430, W220 S55
33 Posts
I know that staggered wheels are common with the rear wheel being wider than the front. But theres someone that has a set of wheels for sale with the rear wheel being not only wider, but its also bigger, the rear wheel is 22 inches and the front wheel is 20 inches. Does that sound like something that would work, or is that gonna be nothing but problems? The vehicle in question is an 02 S55. Thanks
Bro you do not what to do this it will create problems and it will look stupid,

1st the car need the same overoll diameter ( what I mean by that is that all the wheels need to have the same high from to to bottom) so your speedometer, abs and traction control system does not go crazy.

2nd it will look stupid because the onlu way to do so is to run a 245/30/22 in the rear and a 255/35/20 in the front. the tire in the front will have a bigger side wall and the real a really short side wall. remember the only cars they do this is corvettes, ferrraries, lambo,s and thats because their wheel space in the rear is been design for a bigger wheel not for looks

·
Registered
2002 S55 AMG, 2002 Caddy Escalade, 2004 S Type Jaguar, 2000 Chevy Express Hi Top w/COBRA conversion
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bro you do not what to do this it will create problems and it will look stupid,

1st the car need the same overoll diameter ( what I mean by that is that all the wheels need to have the same high from to to bottom) so your speedometer, abs and traction control system does not go crazy.

2nd it will look stupid because the onlu way to do so is to run a 245/30/22 in the rear and a 255/35/20 in the front. the tire in the front will have a bigger side wall and the real a really short side wall. remember the only cars they do this is corvettes, ferrraries, lambo,s and thats because their wheel space in the rear is been design for a bigger wheel not for looks

I was thinking the same thing, just needed to hear someone else say it!!! LOL Thanks bro

1 - 3 of 3 Posts