Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
K guys, new question, I've got a 2000 CLK 320, and I was looking at putting the CLK 430 AMG rims on. I have a choice of staggered or not. Obviously the staggered are going to look better, but is there any reason I may want to reconsider?

Ya it'll be a few bucks cheaper on tires, but any ride/comfort/handling benefits to it?

·
Registered
490 Posts
K guys, new question, I've got a 2000 CLK 320, and I was looking at putting the CLK 430 AMG rims on. I have a choice of staggered or not. Obviously the staggered are going to look better, but is there any reason I may want to reconsider?

Ya it'll be a few bucks cheaper on tires, but any ride/comfort/handling benefits to it?
overall, you'll be saving money on non-staggered. but i personally would go staggered any day, which i currently am. (maybe cause my last car never could be staggered. LoL)

·
Registered
338 Posts

I don't know of the performance issues, because I've always had staggered wheels on my vehicle. However, if you're interested, I have the following still for sale. See link below:

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/sale-trade-wanted-items/1326884-fs-amg-5-spoke-wheels-off-w208.html

Thanks,

SilkRod

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know of the performance issues, because I've always had staggered wheels on my vehicle. However, if you're interested, I have the following still for sale. See link below:

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/sale-trade-wanted-items/1326884-fs-amg-5-spoke-wheels-off-w208.html

Thanks,

SilkRod

This may sound silly, but I just bought a set of those. (not staggered, no center caps, maybe 10 percent tread left, one punctured tire) but MINT rims, locally, $550..

I honestly just like the way the 2000-2001 style look better.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Staggered for sure. I drove with an extra spare of front AMG wheels on the back for a few days while my wider rims were being reconditioned and my Benz drove like crap. It drove like a family sedan. Big difference in handling, really. It swayed left and right easier on a straight road and could not handle curves at higher speeds as well either. Definitely affected performance (not to mention looks).

·
Registered
36 Posts
of course a set of staggered rims on our cars will handle better....wider tires in the rear usually equal better grip. And staggered look better....hmm ya staggered ftw

1 - 9 of 9 Posts